Sunday, February 23, 2014

Beautiful Days Ahead

Well hello again from Houston!

It's been a while since I have blogged about life. I recently changed blog sites because the other site I was using was not user friendly at all, so it was taking a ridiculously long time to post anything. I didn't enjoy it. I'm loving blogspot though. Way easier to work and has a lot more cool features. 

I have actually kind of been obsessed with fixing it up lately. I am constantly finding new features and have gotten a few suggestions on things to add. Love it! It is actually kind of therapeutic. I recently read a really cool blog that I found on Pinterest that inspired me to start posting all of my DIY projects and 'How To's'.  She is years ahead of of me and had EVERYTHING that you could ever think to do to your house with videos and pictures but I bet I could get there. I actually plan to use a few of her ideas on my house.

Anyway, life has been so good lately. This semester has been different for us. We are spending a lot more time at home just being together. I have really loved it. I think last semester we were trying to stay super busy to get plugged in and almost over committed to things which just caused us to be stressed and tired all the time. Daniel has had more time to study (bleh) and relax- which is what I wanted for him- and I have had so much time to craft and fix up our house. I actually cook dinner almost every night now! Daniel's loving that!

Our friendships here are wonderful. I have made a few really sweet friends who are super encouraging and just fun to hang out with. I came up with the idea to start a monthly craft day. Yesterday was our first time and I had a blast. It turned into craft day/dinner/game night. So much fun! We plan to have a monthly poker/fry night in the future. Yes, that is exactly what it sounds. I got a fryer for Christmas and probably won't ever use it except for fry night. Haha! Basically, everyone brings whatever they want and we fry it up while playing a few rounds of poker. This night is geared more to please all the guys! Haha!

I'm super excited for March to get here. Spring and warm weather!! I wore shorts yesterday for the first time since September! It is going to be a BUSY month. We are having family come for the first time since last year. Jason, Val, and Josh are coming for the first part of Spring Break and my parents are coming the second (which actually ended up being a week after Daniel's Spring Break. What a bummer.) While my parents are here, we plan to completely remodel the kitchen. I mean the whole enchilada! We are tiling the floor; tearing out the counter tops; adding a back splash; making the kitchen bigger by closing off a random, useless doorway and adding cabinets, installing a new sink; painting. I also plan to paint the cabinets white, but probably after they leave. It will just be good to see all of them. We are also planning to go to Austin for a friend's bridal shower and possibly one weekend to San Antonio to see Daniel's parents. Also, the rodeo is going to be here! Whoop Whoop! We already have tickets for 1 night and I'm sure we will go at least one other time. Oh, and March is my Birthday month!! Woohoo! Daniel said that he is going to take me to the outlet malls near Galveston as my birthday present. Can I just say, my husband is AWESOME! 

~Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment